As part of my final project for my Game Tools and Networking course I need to implement a Tree Generator that will add trees to a terrain. I will hopefully finish it before the end of this week! These are some of the properties that will be customized through the editor:
- Number of trees to be generated
- Tree Type. For now I will have an Oak and Maple tree.
- Density of trees
- Height of trees
- Maximum number of branches
- Maximum length of branches
- Maximum width of branches
- Leaf Texture
The script will be attached to a 3D terrain and will distribute the trees using the TerrainData. I will go over this once I start distributing the trees, for now I will begin researching how I can generate a tree and then I will refer to Random Scattering: Creating Realistic Landscapes as a reference. I will post an update once I have a tree generated!